- To encircle with or as if with a halo.
- I was feeling sick and squeamish.
- To cast or seem to cast a spell on; bewitch.
- No. 41 was almost derelict.
- There seems to Be a BlueBerry pie cooking in the kitchen.
- To close with or as if with a cork or stopper.
- unreality cloaked their movements
- Dazed or lethargic,as if drugged.
- The distance seemed interminable, and the walk was most laborious.
- To connect by or as if by lacing together;interweave.
- The weather seemed favorable for the race.
- On the face of it, it seems quite reasonable.
- He seems so undynamic.
- Her recollection seems to be a fantasy.
- The cross street seemed clear.