- He knew a great deal about the snares and pitfalls of playing the stock - market and was determined to proceed warily.
- The moon hung over the harbor dabbling the waves with gold
- He who has once been under the hands of a quack, is for ever after prone to dabble in drugs(Washington Irving.Afaker simulates or feigns the appearance of being what he or she is not:
- Dividends for preferred stock underlie those of common stock.
- He gambles on the stock exchange.
- Compendium of Immigrant Stock Data
- I have a run in my stocking.
- Mother footed the stocking.