- To act as a medical quack or a charlatan.
- He is a pretender to philosophy
- He was taken in by the fake insurance salesman.
- The machine used by counterfeiters was called a bogus press
- An untrained person who pretends to be a physician and dispenses medical advice and treatment.
- The police divested the pretended officer of his stolen uniform and fake decorations
- Those who today pretend to be Christ's followers hypocritically profess to carry out those teachings now
- Are they real, or fake?
- an impostor; a fake; a fraud
- He faked a yawn.
- The fake painting passed for an original.
- Fake product congest market.
- To follow as a model or pattern;imitate.
- Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
- The workers imitate a diamond with crystal.
- Are these pearls genuine or imitation?
- Her innocence is only an imitation.