Hello?
喂?
Who was that?
谁?
The president wishes to see me.
总统想见我
I'd been invited to visit with Franklin at his home in Hyde Park.
我受邀去富兰克林在海德公园的家做客
Daisy. What a rare treat!
Daisy. 稀客啊
His mother said he needed to take his mind off his work and the pressures of being the president.
他母亲说,他需要暂且忘却他的工作,忘掉作为总统的压力
What you'd say you and I get out here, go some place quiet.
我们两个人离开这里,去个安静的地方,你觉得怎样?
That spring, Franklin showed me a world I never knew existed.
那个春天,富兰克林向我展示了一个我从未接触过的世界
Where is the police car going?
警车要去哪里?
Sometimes they have to catch a crook or something I suppose.
我想他们有时得去抓个坏蛋什么的
And soon we became best friends.
很快我们就变成了最好的朋友
Mr. President.
总统先生
They just left Beacon.
他们刚离开灯塔
Good. It won't be too long.
很好。不会很久了
No king of England had ever visited America before war.
战前,英国国王从未访问过美国。
So nice of you to come.
您能来真是太好了
Mr. President.
总统先生
Forgive me for not getting up.
原谅我无法起立欢迎
So Franklin invited them here to the country where we could all relax.
因此,富兰克林邀请他们来到这个乡村,在这里我们都可以好好放松
Your mother has now told me for the tenth time not to call her Royal Highness Elizabeth.
到现在你妈妈已经告诫我第十遍了,不要用伊丽莎白称呼女王陛下
Do you mind if I call you Elizabeth?
您介意我叫你伊丽莎白吗?
No. No.
不...不介意...
At the picnic the President's wife has organized hot-dogs be served as our main dish.
野餐的时候,总统夫人安排了热狗作为主菜
I think they're trying to make fun of us.
我觉得他们在试图取笑我们
I don't know.
这还真不好说
It's going to be a big, big success.
野餐会非常非常成功的
She's obviously his mistress.
她明显是他的情妇
Look over there.
看那儿
The secretary.
那个秘书
They'll see us.
他们会看见我们的
Wave.
挥手
I am.
我在挥
The king seems nervous.
国王似乎很紧张
Without some help from us, there soon might not be an England to be king of.
如果没有我们的帮助,也许不久后英国就消失了,他也无处称王了
Good luck.
好运
We are not going to serve the King and Queen of England in cocktail.
我们不能用鸡尾酒招待英国国王皇后
Like a madhouse.
像一座精神病院
They didn't want me as their King.
他们并不想让我做他们的国王
I didn't know that they voted for that in England.
我以前不知道他们可以投票反对你做国王
If there is a war, America could be persuaded to help.
若是发生战争,我们可以说服美国支援我们
I thought I might have a swim. Come along?
我想我可能要游泳。你要一起来吗?
I made them all agree. No pictures in our bathing suits.
我说服了他们所有人。还没有我们身着泳装的照片吧
We think they'll see all our flaws.
我们认为,他们会看穿我们所有的弱点
That's not what they're looking to find when they looked to us.
那并不是他们对我们的期望
You two camping right there?
你们两个就在那里露营?
Yes, thank you.
对,谢谢你
I now see how important this weekend was, to them, to us, to the world, to Hyde Park on Hudson.
我现在明白了那个周末有多么重要,对于他们,对于我们,对于这个世界,对于哈德逊岸边的海德公园。
We could've sold tickets for this dinner and made ourselves a pile of money.
我们应该出售此次晚餐的入场券,然后大赚一笔的
幕后花絮
位于哈德逊河(Hudson)岸边的“海德公园”(Hyde Park)是前美国总统罗斯福的故居,1939年7月,英王乔治六世(也就是《国王的演讲》中的那位“口吃”国王)偕同王后访问美国,曾造访过海德公园。这是历史上英国王室成员首次访问美国。2009年,在此次访问70周年之际,BBC推出了广播剧《哈德逊岸边的海德公园》,本片即根据这个广播剧改编。