- The period of being a novice.
- newbie (beginner, newcomer, especially in regard to computers or cyberspace)
- He is a green young novice.
- A beginner;a novice.
- A novice or learner,particularly in newspaper reporting.
- A youthful or inexperienced person;a novice.
- I'm still green at my job.
- I'm a novice at bridge.
- New at the job;new to the trials of parenthood.
- Nobody wants to remain a beginner.
- You were a freshman then, weren't you?
- He is a freshman in the show business.
- A student in the freshman or sophomore class at a secondary school or college.
- Are you a senior student here? I'm a freshman.
- The appearance of the new freshman called away his attention.