- The two sides are well-matched.
- The judge gave both sides a hearing.
- The argument ended in a punch-up.
- The two parties had engaged in fierce battle for so long that both of them suffered heavy casualties.
- The two camps made a bargain to cease fire.
- UN peacekeepers quickly intervened to soothe tempers.
- The governor persuaded both sides to continue their talks with the moderator.
- There was a new dangerous phase between each other.
- However, such bilateral agreements shall not contravene the provisions of laws and regulations.
- The North and South were at loggerheads.
- This is side kicking.
- Which side are you on?
- At,on,or to the leeward side.
- the lee; the lee side; the sheltered side
- They embraced and walked away side by side.