- In the burst of emigration from Ireland in the 1840s, the potato famine provided the push.
- A year of dearth and a bad harvest
- Excessive rainfall doomed the crops.
- The drought caused crop failure.
- A good,high, poor,etc yield of wheat
- Failure of crops often results in famine.
- The failure of their crops spelt disaster for the peasant farmers.
- Bad weather doomed the crops.
- Too much rain accounted for the poor crop.
- A succession of bad harvests had reduced the small farmers to penury.
- get the crops, harvest, etc in
- The ceaseless rain was bad for the crops.
- Crop residues are left on the surface.
- The river valley is intensively cropped.
- The potatoes cropped well this year.
- It was a dismal failure.
- He was chagrined at his failure.
- The boy was tagged a failure.
- Failure teaches success
- His failure is a product of ignorance.