- Never say die
- She was not easily disconcerted.
- Her motto is "Never say die".
- Give a groan of dismay
- Dismay/dIs5meI;dIs`me/n [U]feeling of shock and discouragement
- "Never say die! Up man, and try"
- He was unmanned by his failure in business.
- Not discouraged or disheartened;resolutely courageous.
- Don't be pessimistic and discouraged when you meet with difficulties.
- Take a defeat with true sportsmanship
- It is a discouragement to me.
- They discourage further diffusion.
- Father discourage the expression of enthusiasm.
- We were discouraged at the bad news.
- There are purely logistic discouragements to newspaper reading
- She's easily disheartened by difficulties.
- Those young men are too easily disheartened by difficulties
- Our army in Italy was somewhat disheartened by the removal of seven divisions
- Our army in Italy was somewhat disheartened by the removal of seven divisions.
- The disheartened crew heard that they were to get a new captain and were pleased until somebody reminded them:better the devil you know.