- It doesn't make sense.
- She knew it was useless to protest.
- But though it is unreal it is not meaningless
- Darn! I just know all I am going to get again this year is meaningless platonic chocolates.
- It is pointless to hang out washing when it is raining.
- It would not have occurred to her that an action which is ineffectual thereby becomes meaningless.
- It was pointless and would have been cruel to engage in a debate on the nuances of crisis management
- Under certain safeguards of an illusory character the French were reduced to accepting this meaningless formula
- nonsense syllables; a nonsensical jumble of words.
- Nonsense, errant nonsense, as ever was talked!
- Life is impenetrable, ridiculous and nonsense.
- We'll have no nonsense of that sort.
- Nonsensical,incoherent,or meaningless talk.