as it were
be said to
in a manner
in a manner of speaking
so to say
so to speak
- It can be said that the development of NASDAQ and the growth of the high-tech industry in America complement each other
- You may regard my husband as a stick-in-the-mud, But on my part I like his personality of that kind"
- One could just as well say, "if you are bitten by the bug, buy it.'
你同样可以说，“if you are bitten by the bug，buy it”(“你如着了迷，就把它买下。”)。
- Now that Lucille and hob have had that little heart to heart talk, may we have another word, hob?
- So to say; to put it simply
- Conversely, one might say that he's right.
- He's something of a smooth operator.
- The logic of this was weird to say the least.
- Mr Fogg was as calm and taciturn as ever
- I 'd say I am quite proficient at tailoring.
v. be (are) 的过去式；be 的虚拟语气形式
- You were at the scene!
- Were you a bunny?
- What she said figures.
- And He said to them,
- They finaly said yes.
- in a delirious manner.
- There was an ease in his manner——a gay and light manner it was.
- free and relaxed in manner.