- Clearing occurs as the held loop slips off the latch and onto the stem as the needle moves upwards.
- Joe let himself glide to earth.
- I slipped along the bench next to her.
- She tipped the tray and all the cups slid on to the floor
- I tried to brake and we skid into the ditch.
- If you tilt the table, the dishes will slide off onto the floor.
- If you tilt the table,the dishes will slide off onto the floor.
- I tried to brake and we skidded into the ditch.
- To articulate a glide in speech.
- Kath had tried to slip across the street, but the traffic foiled her.