- Wield an axe,a sword,a tennis racket
- The axe sliced through the wood.
- He grinds the ax on the grindstone.
- What I had to do was to take my woodman’s axe in my hand, and clear my own way through the forest of difficulty
- The axe cleaved in front of Heyward, cutting some of the flowing ringlets of Alice
- He was adept at wielding his axe.
- He rived the box apart with the axe.
- The heavy axe was awkward to use
- Tom split the wood with an ax.
- He gathered all his strength and swung the axe.
- Call up an enemy today and bury the hatchet.
- He always had a hatchet man do the dirty work for him.
- After their long argument the two brothers have at last buried the hatchet.
- "Let's bury the hatchet," he said
- The opposition leader tried to do a hatchet job on the Chancellor's budget plans by claiming that they were inflationary.