- A danger foreseen is half avoided.
- The sailors provided against the coming storm by furling all sails
- They tied pillows on top of their heads as against the shower of rocks .
- The two companies organized a preemptive alliance against a possible takeover by another firm.
- Watch out for; be on the lookout for
- Save up money for a rainy day.
- The rancher must always be on guard against the dangers that nature can create.
- She had to defend herself against the guard dog.
- "We have to call people in to prevent the women picketing and stirring up trouble!
- One should save a part of one's possessions in order to hedge against inflation.
- It is against federal law to discriminate against blacks.
- She was drugged against the pain.
- He informed against the drugpusher.
- Rain pattered against the window.
- Array the army against the enemy.
- exercising in preparation for strenuous activity.
- How do you prepare them?
- Hope for the best and prepare for the worst
- Have you prepared church ornament?
- The food was plain but well prepared.