- Long since; long ago
- I used to keep a diary.
- Doctors used to bleed people when they were ill.
- To the right is the elegant Winter Palace, former home of the czars
- In earlier days, the church proscribed dancing and card playing
- Formerly the coal was dug with picks and spades.
- We are not insulated from the real world the way we were.
- Her mother used to keep track of every penny she spent.
- Hearing this Hoover said,Sir,once,a man was driven to distraction by a barking dog
- Thomas Atkins,sometime vicar of this parish
- The land previously cultivated returned to forest.
- Many of the previously detected systems are “full”.
- You are a little previous in learning English.
- He was judging by previous dinners.
- the indiscriminate policies of the previous administration.
- The word was formerly applied to various kinds of applications to a court.
- The office that formerly constituted the first of the seven canonical hours.
- The company formerly belonged to an international banking group.
- A large rowboat formerly used by British customs officers.
- A furnace formerly used in glassmaking for calcination of materials into frit.