- The state of being unlikely or improbable;improbability.
- His case is unlikely to evoke public sympathy.
- A linkage or connection,often between unlikely associates or factors.
- Have as a desire that is unfulfilled or unlikely to be fulfilled
- outside chance; remote possibility.
- There is little probability of his succeeding/that he will succeed.
- Competitor thought to have little chance of winning a race or contest
- They're unlikely to marry.
- His condition is unlikely to improve.
- It seems unlikely that he will come.
- It was cause by an improbable concatenation of circumstances.
- It is a yet more improbable theory.
- There are any number of improbabilities.
- The sea is an improbably pale turquoise.
- Improbable friends pledged to be blood brothers.