- the gulf between the Victorian sensibility and our own(bBabette Deutsch)
- It was now Hero's turn to play her part with Beatrice.
- The steward retreats hastily and finds himself conflicted in the doorway by Betrand de Poulengey.
- the gulf between the Victorian sensibility and our own(Babette Deutsch)
- Miss Crawford's beauty did her no disservice with the Miss Bertrams
- To the education of her daughters, lady Betram paid not the smallest attention
- With great elation Lady Bertram became talkative
- The look in Norbert's pale blue eyes was one of pure pity.
- I thought of Betsy and Tabitha, the two lovable cats that belonged to my husband and me
- Beatrice, who liked not to be left out of any discourse, interrupted benedick with saying
贝特(女子名, Elizabeth 的昵称, 亦作 Betta, Betty)
- "Yes, but-" said Bette impulsively, and then halted
- "cuppa," he remarked, and began asking Bette questions
- "Grosvenor House, the ritz and Park Lane are all out", said Bette, as proud as if she had done the whole thing herself
- Phyl wanted to tell her about Ted King and the squatters, and about Bette to show that she, too, had her links with the strike