drink ... to the dregs
drink sth to the dregs
- He experienced severe hardships as a child.
- In that length of time she has become intimately acquainted with pain and pleasure, joy and sorrow, life and death.
- Although declared unfit for service, Lawrence was distressed by the fighting and openly stated his hostility to it.
- It was pleasant to be drinking slowly and to be tasting the wine and to be drinking alone.
- Drink wine,and have the gout;drink no wine,and have the gout too.
- Do you drink nonorganic coffee?
- To cross the threshold and leave ... all these mortal dregs behind.
- The priest was rinsing out the chalice: then he tossed off the dregs smartly
- He made me drink the cup of humiliation to the very dregs
- average sth out(at sth);calculate the average of sth
- be agreeable to sth
- at/on the altar of sth