沪江

怎样用英语向别人寻求帮助?

Kenneth Beare 2018-10-23 10:19
本文支持点词翻译 Powered by 沪江小D

从朋友、亲戚、家人和同事那里寻求帮助是很常见的事。当你在寻求帮助时,礼貌很重要。可以使用这些短语来进行礼貌地求助。特别要注意你所使用的动词的形式。

Asking a Favor
寻求帮助

Could / Would you do me a favor?——当某人想请你帮忙时,一般会用这种形式来提问,将其作为开头语。

Would you do me a favor? I need some help.
你能帮我个忙吗?我需要帮助。

Could you do me a favor? I'm late for work ...
你能帮我个忙吗?我上班迟到了······

使用Could you please + verb的形式,以在具体的情境中礼貌地寻求帮助。

Could you please take me to work?
能请你载我去上班吗?

Could you please lend me a hand?
能请你帮我个忙吗?

使用Could you possibly + verb的一般形式,以在具体的情境中礼貌地寻求帮助。

Could I possibly take some time off to help?
能耽误你一些时间帮个忙吗?

Could you possibly work overtime today?
你今天能加班吗?

使用Could I ask / bother / trouble you + infinitive 这个“我能请/麻烦你+不定式”的句式——在正式场合中,可以使用动词的不定式形式(to do)来寻求帮助。

Could I ask you to help my brother?
能请你帮帮我哥哥吗?

Could I bother you to give a ride to work?
我能搭你的顺风车去上班吗?

Could I trouble you to open the door for me?
能麻烦你帮我开下门吗?

使用Would you mind + verb + ing 这个“你介意+动词-ing”的句式——在日常情境中,可以使用动名词形式来寻求帮助。

Would you mind closing the window?
你介意我关上窗户吗?

Would you mind cooking dinner tonight?
你介意今晚做晚饭吗?

使用Would it be too much trouble for you + infinitive的句式——在非常正式的场合,可以使用这种不定式形式来寻求帮助。

Would it be too much trouble for you tolet me come in late tomorrow?
我明天晚点回来会麻烦你吗?

Would it be too much trouble for you to take a look at this letter?
能麻烦你看看这封信吗?

使用May I + verb? 的句式——当你寻求帮助时,需要得到别人的许可,就可以使用动词一般式。

May I leave class early?
我能早点下课吗?

May we use your telephone?
我们能用用你的手机吗?

Granting a Favor
同意给予帮助

如果你想对向你求助的人表示“可以”,你可以使用这些短语来表示同意。

1.Sure.
当然。

2.No problem.
没问题。

3.I'd be happy to help you.
能帮到你我很高兴。

4.It would be my pleasure.
我的荣幸。

5.I'd be glad to help out.
我很乐意帮助你。

当你同意帮助别人时,询问更多具体的信息是很常见的。例如,如果你的朋友请你帮助他完成一个项目,你可能会提出一些疑问,从而明白需要做什么。

Refusing a Favor
拒绝帮助

如果你不能帮助别人,需要拒绝的话,你可以用这些回答来拒绝别人的求助。

1.I'm afraid I can't.
恐怕我不行。

2.Sorry, but I'm unable + infinitive.
抱歉,但我不能+不定式。

3.Unfortunately, I'm not able + infinitive.
很可惜,我不能+不定式。

4.Regrettably, I can't + verb
很遗憾,我能不能+动词。

拒绝别人不是一件趣事,但有时候却是必要的。通常,如果不能帮到别人,我们会提出另一个方案来帮助解决问题。

Asking for a Favor which is Granted
得到别人的帮助

Peter: Hi Anna. I've got a favor to ask. Would you mind cooking dinner tonight? I'm kind of busy.
你好,安娜,我想请你帮个忙。你介意今晚做晚饭吗?我有点忙。

Anna: Sure, Peter. What would you like for dinner?
当然可以,皮特。你晚饭想吃什么?

Peter: Could I trouble you to make some pasta?
能麻烦你做点意大利面吗?

Anna: That's sounds good. Let's have pasta. Which type of sauce should I make?
听起来不错。那就吃意大利面吧,我还用哪种沙司呢?

Peter: Would it be too much trouble to make a four cheese sauce?
你能用起司沙司吗?

Anna: No, that's easy. Yum. Good idea.
好的,这很容易。嗯,好主意。

Peter: Thanks Anna. That really helps me out.
谢谢安娜。你真帮了我大忙了。

Anna: No problem.
没问题。

Mark: Hey, could you please help me with the homework?
嘿,能请你教我做家庭作业吗?

Susan: I'd be glad to help out. What seems to be the problem.
很乐意帮助你。你在哪方面遇到了困难呢?

Mark:: I don't get this equation. Would you mind explaining it to me?
这个方程式我解不出来。

Susan: No problem. It's difficult!
没问题。这的确有难度啊。

Mark: Yeah, I know. Thanks a lot.
是的,我知道。非常感谢。

Susan: Don't worry about it.
不要担心。

Asking for a Favor which is Refused
别人拒绝帮助

1. Employee: Hello, Mr. Smith. Could I ask you a question?
你好,史密斯先生。我能问你一个事儿吗?

Boss: Sure, what do you need?
当然,你想问什么?

Employee: Would it be too much trouble for you to let me come in at 10 tomorrow morning?
能麻烦你明早10点钟让我进来好吗?

Boss: Oh, that's a little difficult.
噢,这有点困难啊。

Employee: Yes, I know it's last moment, but I have to go to the dentist.
是,我知道太晚了。但我不得不去看牙医。

Boss: I'm afraid I can't let you come in late tomorrow. We really need you at the meeting.
恐怕明天我不能让你那么晚来。我们真的需要你参加明天的会议。

Employee: OK, I just thought I'd ask. I'll get a different appointment.
好吧,我只是问问。我会再约个时间的。

Boss: Thanks, I appreciate it.
谢谢。

2. Brother: Hey. Would you mind letting me watch my show?
嘿,你介意让我看看节目吗?

Sister: Sorry, but I can't do that.
抱歉,不行。

Brother: Why not?!
为什么不行?!

Sister: I'm watching favorite show now.
我现在在看我最喜欢的节目呢。

Brother: But I'm going to miss my favorite game show!
但我就要错过我最喜欢的游戏节目了!

Sister: Watch it online. Don't bother me.
去网上看,别烦我。

Brother: Could you please watch your show online, it's a rerun!
那能请你去网上看吗?它有重播的!

Sister: Sorry, but I'm unable to do that. You'll just have to watch it later.
抱歉,不行,你待会再看吧。

Practice Situations
场景练习

找一个搭档,使用这些建议来练习向别人寻求帮助,以及例子中展示的答应和拒绝别人的帮助。你要确保自己能够使用不同的表达,而不是一次次地老调重弹。

1.Ask someone to ...
让某人······

you $50 for the weekend
周末借你50美元

you with your homework
指导你的家庭作业

you with some paperwork such as filling out a form
帮你完成一些文书工作,例如填写表格

you a ride
载你一程

your writing or correct your grammar
检查你的作文或纠正你的语法

ce speaking English with you
和你一起练习英语

a meal
做饭

you take a day off work
放你一天假

声明:本双语文章的中文翻译系沪江英语原创内容,转载请注明出处。中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考。如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。

展开剩余