获奖及推荐记录
- 1970年英国凯特·格林纳威奖大奖
- 1972年《波士顿环球报》、《号角书》杂志奖图画书大奖
- 美国图书馆学年会年度好书推荐
- 《纽约时报》最佳插画童书奖
- 入选纽约公共图书馆“每个人都应该知道的100种图画书”
- 入选日本全国学校图书馆协议会第22次“好绘本”
- 入选日本儿童文学者协会编《世界图画书100选》
Mr. Gumpy’s Outing和甘伯伯遊河
This is Mr. Gumpy.Mr. Gumpy owned a boat and his house was by a river.
他就是甘伯伯。甘伯伯有一条船,他家住在河边。
One day Mr. Gumpy went out in his boat.“May we come with you?” said the children.“Yes,” said Mr. Gumpy,“if you don’t squabble.”
有一天,甘伯伯正要撑船去游河。两个小孩子说:“我们跟你去好不好?”甘伯伯说“行,只要你们不吵闹。”
“Have you a place for me?” said the sheep.“Yes, but don’t keep bleating.”
绵羊说:“有空位让我做吗?”甘伯伯说:“有,但是你不能咩咩叫。”
“Can we come too?” said the chickens.“Yes, but don’t flap,” said Mr. Gumpy.
鸡也说:“我们也去行不行”甘伯伯说:“行,但是你们不能扑翅膀。”
“Can you make room for me?” said the calf.“Yes, if you don’t trample about.”
牛也说:“你能让个位子给我吗?”甘伯伯说:“行,只要你不乱踩东西。”
“May I join you, Mr. Gumpy?” said the goat.“Very well, but don’t kick.”
山羊说:“甘伯伯,我能加入你们吗?”甘伯伯说:“欢迎欢迎,但是别乱踢。”
For a little while they all went along happily but then…
起初,大家都很高兴,但是不久以后....
The goat kicked.The calf trampled.The chickens flapped.The sheep bleated.The pig mucked about.The dog teased the cat.The cat chase the rabbit.The rabbit hopped.The children squabbled.The boat tipped…and into the water they fell.
山羊乱踢,牛乱踩东西,鸡乱扑翅膀,绵羊咩咩乱叫,住到处乱晃,狗招惹了猫,猫就去追兔子,兔子乱蹦乱跳,小孩大吵大闹,船就翻了....
Then Mr. Gumpy and the goat and the calf and the chickens and the sheep and the pig and the dog and the cat and the rabbit and the children all swam to the bank and climbed out to dry in the hot sun.
甘伯伯跟山羊、牛、鸡、绵羊、猪、狗、猫、兔子、小孩子一起游到岸边,爬上岸,在太阳下把身子晒干。
“We’ll walk home across the fields,” said Mr. Gumpy.“It’s time for tea.”
甘伯伯说:“我们只好穿过这片野地,走路回家了。我请你们到我家喝茶。”
“Goodbye,” said Mr. Gumpy.“Come for a ride another day.”
甘伯伯说::“再见啦,下次再去游河吧。”
【学习笔记】
让我们数一数,这里搭船一共有几种说法呢?
“May we come with you?”(我们能随你一起去吗?)
“Can I come along, Mr Gumpy?”(我能跟去吗?)
“I’d like a ride,”(我想搭一程,)
“Will you take me with you?”(你能带我去吗?)
“May I come, please, Mr Gumpy?”(请问,甘伯伯,我能去吗?)
“Have you a place for me?”(你有位置给我吗?)
“Can we come too?”(我们也能去吗?)
“Can you make room for me?”(你能腾一块地方给我吗?)这里为什么用“make room”呢?因为牛的体型太大了,占了很大的空间,所以就用“make room”了。
“May I join you, Mr Gumpy?”(甘伯伯,我能加入进来吗?)
“Can I come along, Mr. Gumpy?” said the rabbit.“Yes, but don’t hop about.”
野兔说:“甘伯伯,我也一起去好不好?”甘伯伯说“行,但是你不能乱蹦乱跳。”
“I’d like a ride,” said the cat.“Very well,” said Mr. Gumpy.“But you’re not to chase the rabbit.”
猫也说:“我想坐一下船”甘伯伯说:“可以,但是你不能追兔子”
“Will you take me with you?” said the dog.“Yes,” said Mr. Gumpy.“But don’t tease the cat.”
狗也说:“带我一起去好不好?”甘伯伯说:“行,但是你不能招惹猫。”
“May I come, please, Mr. Gumpy?” said the pig.“Very well, but don’t muck about.”
猪也说:“甘伯伯,我可以去吗?”甘伯伯说:“可以,但是你不能晃来晃去。”