

I’m so excited i run all the way home form school.
我很兴奋地从学校跑回家。

Ami !I’ve been invited to a birthday party!
妈妈!我被邀请去参加生日派对。
There’s going to be games and toys ,cake and ice cream! Can i go?”
那里会有游戏,玩家和冰淇淋!我可以去吗?
Sana screams ,”I wanna go too!”
Sana喊着说,我也想去!
Ami says, ”what’s a birthday party?” “It’s where they celebrate the day they born.”
妈妈说:“什么是生日派对?”“就是庆祝他们出生的日子。”
“Why do they do that?” “They just do! Can i go?”
“为什么要庆祝呢?”“他们就是要这样做!我可以去吗?”

Sana screams ,”I wanna go too!” “I can’t take her! She’s not invited.”
Sana喊着说,我也想去!“我不可以带她去!她没有被邀请。”
“Why not?” says Ami. “They don’t do that there!”
“为什么不可以呢?”妈妈说。“他们都没有带人去啊!”
Ami says ,”well, that’s not fair. You call up your friend and ask if you can bringSana, or else you can’t go.”
妈妈说,好吧,这是不公平的,你打电话给你的朋友并问她是否可以带Sana去,否则你就不可以去。”
“But Ami! They’ll laugh at me! They’ll never invite me to another party again!”
“但是妈妈!她们会笑我的!她们再也不会邀请我去其他的生日派对了。”
Sana screams.“I wanna go too!”

I say,” Look, Sana, one day you’ll get invited to your own friends’ party. Wouldn’t you like that better?”
我说,”Sana,听着,有一天你也会收到你自己的朋友邀请去派对呢。难道你不觉得那时候去更好吗?
“No! I wanna go now!”
“不,我就想现在去!”
I beg and plead. but Ami won’t listen. I have no choice. I have to call.
我又乞求有央求妈妈,但是妈妈就是不听。我没有选择,只能打电话。
Sally says,”All right.”But it doesn’t sound all right. I know she thinks I’m weird.
Sally说可以的。但是听她的语气并不怎么ok。我知道她是怎样想的,我们很奇怪连妹妹都带来参加派对。

At the party, I’m the only one who brought her little sister.
在派对上,只有我是带着妹妹来参加派对的。
Sana has to win all the games. And where she falls down during musical chairs. she cries like a baby.
Sana一定要赢所有的游戏,并且在玩音乐枪椅子的游戏里,她坐不到椅子摔在地上。她还像个小孩那样大哭。

Before we leave the party. Sally’s mom gives us little bags.
我们离开派对之前,Sally的妈妈给了我们一小包东西。
Inside there are chocolates and candies. A whistle a ruby ring and a big red lollipop!
里面有巧克力和糖果。一个哨子和红宝石的戒子和一个大的红色棒棒糖。
Sana eats her big red lollipop on the way home in the car. I save mine for later.
Sana在回家的路上在车里面吃了红色棒棒糖。我留了我的迟一点吃。

Sana doesn’t know how to make things last.
Sana不知道事情怎样结束的。
By bedtime, her candies are all gone. Her whistle is broken,and the ruby in her ring is missing.
到了睡觉的时候,Sana的糖果已经吃完,她的哨子已经烂了并且她的红宝石戒子已经不见了。
I put my big red lollipop on the top shelf of the fridge to have in the morning.
我将我的大的红色棒棒糖放在冰箱的顶层,明天早上才吃。
All night i dream about how good it will taste.
一整晚我的梦都是这个棒棒糖是怎样的好味。

In the morning , I get up early to have it.Sana’s already up.
早上,我早早就起床去那棒棒糖吃。Sana都已经起床。
When she sees me, she runs away.
当她见到我的时候,她就跑开。
I open the fridge door.
我打开冰箱们。
All that’s left of my lollipop is a triangle stuck to a stick.
我的棒棒糖剩下的是一个三角形卡在棍子里的棒棒糖。
“SANA!”
“SANA!”

I hear a sound in the front hall closet. I should have known that’s where she always hides.
我听到厅的橱柜前面有声音。我应该知道那是她经常躲藏的地方。
I show aside the coats and boots,“I’m going to get you!”
我在旁边穿起衣服和靴子,“我要来捉你啦!”
Quick as a rat, she scoots through my legs and runs around and around the living room. The dining room the kitchen yelling.”Ami!Ami! Help !Help!”
快得像只老鼠,她从我的腿溜走,在客厅跑来跑去。从客厅到厨房跑大声喊着妈妈,妈妈,救命。


Ami comes out , rubbing her eyes, Sanaruns behind Amid, Where i can’t get her.
妈妈出来,揉这眼睛,Sana跑到妈妈后面,在我捉不到她的地方。
“What’s going on out here ?”says Ami.
妈妈说“这里发生什么事啦?”
Sana says,”Rubina’s trying to get me!”
Sana说,“Rubina要捉我!”
Ami puts her hands on her hips,“Are you trying to get your little sister again ?”
妈妈将手放在她的臂部“你还要捉你的妹妹吗?
“She ate my lollipop! The greedy thing! She ate it!”
“她吃了我的棒棒糖!她很贪心啊!她吃了!”
Ami says “For shame! It’s just a lollipop !Can’t you share with your little sister?”
妈妈说“真羞耻啊!为了一个棒棒糖吵架!难道你不可以跟你的妹妹分享啊?”
I want to cry, but i don’t!”
我想哭,但是我没有。

Sana runs to the fridge and brings back the triangle stuck to the stick.
Sana跑去冰箱拿出那个只有一个三角形卡在棍子里的棒棒糖。
“Look I didn’t eat all your lollipop! I left the triangle for you.
“看我没有吃完所有你的棒棒糖,我留了个三角形给你啊。”
“See ?” Says Ami.“she didn’t eat all fo it. She’s haring with you!Go ahead. Take the triangle .”
”看见了吗?妈妈说,她没有全部吃完,她有跟你分享。拿着,这个三角形棒棒糖。”
So I have to take it.
所以我必需要拿这它。
“Go ahead, Eat the triangle.”
“继续,吃你的三角形棒棒糖。”
But i don’t. With all my might, i throw it across the room. It skitters under the sofa.
但是我没有,用尽我的力气,我把它仍在房间里。它粘在沙发底下面。
Sana scurries after it and eats that too.
Sana急忙捡起然后吃掉它。


The worst thing is that all the girls at school know if they invite me to their birthday parties, I have to bring Sana.
最糟糕的是学校的所有女同学都知道如果她们邀请我去生日派对,我一定要带我妹妹Sana去。
I don’t get any invitation for a really long time.
我真的一段长时间没有接到邀请。

Then one day Sanacomes home waving an invitation.
然而有一天,Sana回家带这一个邀请涵。
“Ami! I’ve been invited to a birthday party! There’s going to be games and toys and cake and ice cream! Can i go?”
妈妈!我被邀请去参加生日派对。那里会有游戏,玩家和冰淇淋!我可以去吗?
Our little sister Maryam scream,” I wanna go too!”
我们最小的妹妹Maryam喊着说,我也想去!
Sana says,” No ! I can’t take her! She’s not invited!”
Sana“我不可以带她去!她没有被邀请。

Ami says,“Well....it’s only fair . You went to Rubina’s friend’s party.now Rubina and Maryam can go to your friend’s party.”
妈妈说,好吧,为了公平,你去了Rubina的朋友的派对,现在Rubinahe Maryam也去你的朋友的派对。
I say,“Leave me out of it.”
我说“把我剔除把。”
Ami says,“Fine then, you have to take Maryam.”
妈妈说,“好的,那么你一定要带Maryam去。”


Now it’s Sana’s turn to beg and plead. Ami won’t listen.Sana’s begging so hard she’s crying, but still Ami won’t listen.
现在轮到Sana乞求和央求妈妈。但是妈妈不听。Sana哭着央求妈妈,但是妈妈还是不听。
I could just watch her have to take Maryam. I could just let her make a fool of herself at the party.
我可以眼睁睁地看着她带Maryam去派对。我可以让她在派对里像个傻子那样。
I could just let her not be invited to any more parties. But something makes me tap Ami on the shoulder.
我可以让不再收到任何派对的邀请。但是某只情绪让我拍了妈妈的肩膀。
“What?” “ Don’t make Sana take Maryam to the paty.”
“怎么啦?不要让Sana带Maryam去派对了。”
“No?” says Ami. “No.” I say.
“不要?”妈妈说。 “是的,不要。”我说。
Ami thinks for a moment. Then say ,” Okay.”
妈妈想了一会儿,然后说,“好吧。”
So Sana gets to go by herself.
于是Sana自己去了同学的派对。

After the party, I hear a knock on my door.
派对之后,我听到有人敲我的房门。
“What do you want?” I ask Sana.
“你想要拿什么呢?”我问Sana。
“ Here.’ she hands me a big green lollipop.” That is for you.”
“给你,他给我一个大的绿色的棒棒糖。这是给你的。”
“Thanks.” I says.
“谢谢,”我说。
After that we’re friends.
从此之后,我们变成好朋友了。