21. I prefer____at home to ____outside.
A.staying, playing B.to stay, play C.staying, play D.to stay, playing
22. The umbrella can ___ you from ___.
A. protect; be wet B. prevent; being wet C. protect; being wet D. prevent; be wet
23. Children at the beginning of his century__-a lot and___themselves greatly even without TV.
A.used to read...enjoying
B.used to read...enjoyed
C.were used to read...enjoy
D.were used to read...enjoying
24. He ________ music while sleeping.
A.was used to listen
B.is used to listening
C.used to listen
D.used to listening
25. John is busy ______ his girlfriend ______ her paper.
CBBCC BACAB BCBCB BBCAA ACBBC
1. ---It's 10 o'clock now. Tom, it's time for you ___sleep.
----Mom, five more minutes.
A. to go B. go C. to go to D. go to
2. Life is so boring everyday. I can't wait ___.
A. doing something different B. to do something different
C. doing different something C. to do different something
3. Mr. Wu gave some new words to David and asked him ___ on the blackboard.
A. to write it down B. to write them down C. write down it D. write down them
4. The boy wanted to play soccer but his mother told him not ___.
A. to do B. do C. to do it D. do it
5. --- Your spoken English is much better.
--- Thank you. My teacher often asks us ___ English as ___ as possible.
A. to speak, many B. not to speak, much
C. to speak, much D. not to speak, more
6. Tom's mom told him ___ eating too much meat.
A. stopping B. to stop C. stops D. stopped
7. ---Where is you brother, Bob?
--- I saw him ___ in the street when i went through the street.
A. playing B. play C. to play D. plays
8. Don't forget ___ an umbrella ___ you. It's going to rain.
A. to take, to B. taking, to C. to take, with D. taking, with
9. It's too late to invite any more people. ___ , you know how Tim hates parties.
A. Besides B. However C. Still D. Instead
10. Tom was so careless that he ___ his right arm when he was riding to school.
A. hurts B. hurt C. hurting D. hurted
11. Please remember ___ history and politics books to school tomorrow morning.
A. bring B. to bring C. bringing D. to take
12. You study ___ hard ___ you are sure to pass the exam.
A. enough... to... B. as... as... C. so... that... D. such... that....
13. How about ____ some money for the charity?
A. raising; Enjoy yourself; B. Raising; Good idea.
C. to raise; You are welcome D. to raise; Never mind
14. Susan finally became a popular singer after she practised ___ for years.
A. sing B. to sing C. singing D. sang
15. What a nice picture of a house. It would be ___ with some green trees around it.
A. good B. better C. worse D. well
16. The FIFA World Cup is ___ fantastic that a lot of people in the world are crazy about it.
A. such B. so C. very D. too
17. ---We don't have much homework this weekend. Shall we go out together?
----OK. What about ___ a movie.
A. too see B. seeing C. see D. sees
18. Rachard turned off the computer after he had finished ____ the e-mail.
A. write B. to write C. writing D. wrote
19. It's time ___ the weather report. Turn on the radio, please.
A. to B. in C. at D. for
20. I prefer ___ at home rather than ___ a movie.
A. to stay; watch B. stay; watching C. to stay; to watch D. stay; watching