1. Tell your brother to come _____, because it's going to rain in a minute or two.
A. indoors B. outdoors C. outward D. inwards
[答案] A. indoors
[注释] 按句子的逻辑意思应选indoors adv. 向屋里；在屋里，
inwards adv, 向内，向中心，outward 向外。outdoors 是 indoors 的反义词。
2. I can't advise you what to do. You must use your own _____.
A. opinion B. guesswork C. justice D. judgement
[答案] D judgement
[注释] judgement 判断。guesswork 猜测，justice 正义，公正，ideal 理想。
3. Because of the poor harvest, wheat prices have _____ in the last six months.
A. added B. jumped C. amounted D. developed
[答案] B. jumped.
[注释] jump (=rise suddenly in price) 指“(价格)暴涨”。
4. There is a 20 minute parking _____ here, so we must get back to the car very quickly.
A. freedom B. limit C. allowance D. prohibition
[答案] B. limit.
[注释] parking limit 意为在停车场“停车的时间限制”。a 20 minutes parking limit (停车时间限制为20分钟).
5.The country needs a _____ government. We have had three Prime Ministers in a year.
A. stationary B. changeless C.constant D.stable
[答案] D. stable.
[注释] stable 稳定的。stationary 静止的，不变的，固定的。changeless 不变的，无变化的。constant 经常不断的。
6. Having said he would mend the clock, he discovered that he had not brought the _____ tools for the job.
A. concise B. correct C. right D. precise
[答案] C. right.
[注释] right 适当的，恰当的：
He is the right man to do the job.(他是干这项工作的合适人选)
concise 简明扼要的，correct 正确的；
exact 确切的： exact time 确切的时间，exact age 确切的年龄，exact weight 确切的重量；
exact information 确切的信息；exact cause 确切 的原因；exact meaning 确切的意思。
7. Radium salts, which have been found to _____ in bones, give rise to cancers of the bone.
A. pile up B. build up C. keep up D. pull up
[答案] B. build up.
[注释] build up(=accumulate) 积累。pile up 堆积。keep up 保持，维持。 pull up 停车。
8. It has been laid down that each student must _____ a composition to the teacher once a week.
A. turn in B. give up C. put forward D. bring out
[答案] A. turn in.
[注释] turn in(=hand in) 上交。
9. Our house is the most _____ one in the street; it is painted red.
A. permanentB.indifferentC.predominant D. prominent
[答案] D. prominent.
[注释] prominent 突出的；突起的。indifferent 漠不关心的；permanent 永久 的；predominant 占优势的，主要的。
10. I shall take you back to Beijing _____ you are well enough to travel.
A. presently B. promptly C. immediately D. shortly
[答案] C. immediately
[注释] immediately(=directly) 作连词用，意为“一……就……”，相当于 as soon as .