prevent doing sth. 阻止做某事
prevent sb from doing sth 阻止某人做某事
1. Nothing would prevent him from speaking out against injustice.
2.Her sudden arrival prevented him from going out.
3.Their prompt actions prevented the fire from spreading.
4.Who prevents the plans from being carried out?
5. She thought he would make an abject fool of himself, and for her sake, as well as his, decided to prevent him from standing.
6. He began to think that she had not died but that she was going to, unless he could find some way to prevent it.
7. But this did not prevent the parents unable to shake his head.
8. He said the "six steps" or "building blocks" can help prevent history from repeating itself.
9. And yet they did not understand how they had to act to prevent a replay of the past.
10. "The test is just a finger prick away, and can prevent a lot of problems, " he said.
11. Nothing but a miracle could prevent the company from going bankrupt.
12. Was more to prevent ugly you secretly sneaked into the bottom of my heart.