情况一:打电话的人要找的人不在, 问对方是否要留言
A:Can I talk to Mark?
我可以跟 Mark 讲话吗?
B:He is out on his lunch break right now. Would you like to leave a message?
他出去吃午饭了, 你要留言吗?
A:He is not available right now. Can I take a message?
他不在,我可以帮你传话吗?
情况二:打电话的人要找的人不在, 愿意接受对方的留言
A:Can I leave a message?
我可以留个话?
B:Yes. Go ahead, please.
可以, 请继续。
A:Of course. Hold on for just a second so I can grab a pen and paper.
当然, 稍等一下让我拿个纸笔。
B:Sure, if you can excuse me for just a second. Let me find a piece of paper to write it down.
当然, 如果你可以等我一下下, 让我找张纸写下来。
情况三:对方打错电话
A:Can I speak to Alexander Walker?
我可以和 Alexander Walker 说话吗?
B:I’m sorry, but theres nobody here by this name. I’m sorry. Im afraid youve got the wrong number.
抱歉,这里没这个人,恐怕你打错电话了。
情况五:打电话的人要找的人是别人, 请对方稍等
A:Is Brandon there?
在吗?
B:Yes, he is. One moment, please.
他在。请稍等。
A:Hold, please.
请稍等。
B:Hold on, please.
请稍等。
A:Let me see if hes here. Hang on. OK?
我看看他在不在。等一下, 好吗?
情况六:接受对方留言时听不清楚, 希望对方重复
A:When he comes back, can you have him call me at (206) 5551212?
他回来后, 能不能让他打 (206) 5551212 这个号码给我?
B:Can you repeat again, please?
能不能请你再重复一次?
A:(Say) Again, please?
再说一次好吗?
A:Pardon?
抱歉,请再说一次
A:Come again, please?
再说一次好吗?
A:I’m sorry?
抱歉。请再说一次
情况七:跟对方要求跟(打电话的人)刚刚已经通过话的人再讲话
A:Can you put Daisy back on? I forgot to tell her something.
你能否请Daisy再来听电话呢? 我忘了跟她讲一件事。
B:Sure. I’ll go get her.
当然! 我这就去叫她。