1. The politician says that he will __ the welfare of the people.
A prey on B take on C get at D see to
2. We had difficulties at first but everything worked __ smoothly in the end.
A off B out C away D up
3. There is no easy solution to Japan’s labor__.
A decline B vacancy C rarity D shortage
4. This ticket__ you to a free meal in our new restaurant.
A gives B grants C entitles D credits
5. We need some sunshine; so we have__ up our minds to go abroad this year.
A set B made C broughtD given
1. 选D① see to注意，照料 Who is seeing to the arrangement for the next meeting? ② prey on猎取食物，折磨 An eagle preys on smaller birds. ③take on 承担（任务）She took on the task with great courage. ④get at够得着Could you get at the top shelf?
2. 选B ①work out有……好的结果I hope the new job works out for you.② work off借工作活动清除掉 He often works off his anger.③work away继续In spite of all the difficulties, she worked away at her research work.④work up逐步形成，渐渐发展 He worked up the firm from nothing.
3. 选D ①shortage匮乏，缺乏 The work remains unfinished owing to shortage of staff.②vacancy （职位/位置的）空闲 There is a good vacancy for a typist in the company.③ rarity（物/现象的）很少见 Rain is a rarity in the Sahara.
4. 选C ①entitle赋予，给予entitle sb to sth或entitle sb to do。 If you fail three times, you are not entitled to do any more.②give可接双宾语，但直接宾语前不用介词t：You visits may give some comfort to the patient.③ grant同意，准予，授予 grant sth (to sb)/ grant sb sth：The general granted us permission to visit the military base.④ credit相信，认为 Until now I have always credited you with more sense.
5. 选B ①set one’s mind on (to) 决心要，很想要 We’ve set our minds on a visit to the Great Wall.② bring sth to mind想起 The photo brings to our mind the days we spent together.③ give one’s mind to 注意某事物As a student, you should give your mind to study