1. appeals 2. identity 3. concern 4. disgusting 5. upset 6. influence 7. offensive 8. burst 9. stuff 10. thorough
1. off/ down 2. off 3. as 4. on 5. for 6. on/upon 7. to 8. over 9. in
V. 1.H 2.F 3.D 4.K 5.B 6.C 7.L 8.I 9.O 10. N
1. Kate saw her brother Bill as she was getting off the school bus.
Or: As she was getting off the school bus, Kate saw her brother Bill.
2. As she was standing up from he seat, mother dropped the glass to the ground.
Or: Mother dropped the glass to the ground as she was standing up from her seat.
3. A policeman fired at a thief as the thief was bolting out of the house.
Or: As the thief was bolting out of the house, a policeman fired at him.
4. As she ran to catch the school bus, Sandy thought of her talk with her mother.
Or: Sandy thought of he talk with her mother as she ran to catch the school bus.
5. As the teacher entered the classroom, all the students shouted “Happy birthday” to him.
Or: All the students shouted “Happy Birthday” to him as the teacher entered the classroom.
1. She listened to her favorite rock music while singing along with the words.
2. She was putting on her jeans while asking me to hand her the sweater.
3. He banged on the door while opening it.
4. In the bathroom she put on some makeup while looking in the mirror.
5. The schoolmaster shot an angry glance at the naughty first grader while talking with his parents.
1. As she was about to turn off the music, her father burst into he room and shouted at her, “Can’t you turn down the music a little bit?”
2. the owner of the bar kept watching the girl dancing while pretending not to.
3. Rock music appealed to Sandy so much that she turned it up, paying no attention to her father’s objection.
4. As usual, when his parents don’t like what he wears, they start bugging him.
5. At the meeting they discussed how to keep the lines of communication open between teachers and students.
6. It makes my blood boil to think of these young boys and girls who are forced by their parents to beg for money along the streets.
1. B 2.B 3.A 4.A 5.A 6.A 7.A 8.B 9.C 10.B 11.A 12.A 13.A 14.C 15.A 16.C 17.B 18.A 19.A 20.C
XII. The first thing you should do t make tea is to boil water. While waiting for it to boil, you can get your teapot out and put the right amount of tea leaves into it. When the water has come to boil, pour it into the teapot. Then wait for a few minutes to let the leaves steep. Next? Enjoy the tea.
I. 1.F 2.F 3.O 4.O 5.F plus O 6.O 7.O 8.O
Comprehension of the Text
II. 1.C 2.A 3.B 4.D 5.D 6.C 7.B 8.A
1. entitled 2. ruin 3. evaluate 4. trend 5. attitude 6. tend 7. curiosity 8. applying 9. response 10. concept
1. to 2. in 3. between 5. across
新视野大学英语读写教程第1册Unit 2 Deep Concern课后习题答案（第2版）