题目：Getting Married in College
In 2005, the Department of Education lifted the ban on students getting married while still in college. And it has been a hot topic for people from all walks of life. What’s your opinion about it?
Write on Answer Sheet Two a composition of about 200 words on the following topic:
Getting Married in College
You are to write in three parts.
In the ﬁ rst part, state speciﬁ cally what your idea is.
In the second part, provide reasons to support your opinion OR describe your idea.
In the last part, bring what you have written to a natural conclusion or a summary.
Marks will be awarded for content, organization, grammar and appropriateness. Failure to follow the instructions may result in a loss of marks.
本题是一道观点选择型的题目，论述对在校大学生结婚一事的看法 ，可以从以下几方面着手 ：
思路1：赞成在校大学生结婚 ，原因可以从法定结婚年龄、大学生情感需求等方面讲 ；
思路2 ：反对在校大学生结婚 ，原因可以从大学生心理成熟度、经济条件等方面讲 ；
思路3 ：对此持中立态度 ，提出判断标准：如果各方面条件成熟 ，可以结婚 ，否则还是不要结婚为好 。
思路4 ：先摆 出赞成者和反对者各自的理由，然后给出自己的看法 ，并进行简单说明（补充更多理由 ）。
Getting Married in College
Since 2005 the ban was lifted by the Department of Education on college students’ getting married, it has been a hot topic for students, parents and educators and their attitudes differ sharply. Some hold the positive view and others think differently. In my view, I believe they’d better not get married for the following reasons.
引言部分：作者提出热议话题：在校大学生现在允许结婚了，并提出自己的观点：他们最好不要结婚 ，用following reasons 引出下文。
First and foremost, though mostly adults, college students are actually immature psychologically . Their wishes to get married are, more often than not , impulses. I admit that it is a basic right for those who have reached the appropriate ages to get married marriage is more solemn and requires more than just reaching the age. In addition, the university or college is a place to study instead of a community to lead a family life. Allowing college students to get married would adversely affect their study. For instance, they would spend too much time attending to their family and love, thus unable to concentrate on their school work. Besides, as tudents, they are not ready to support a family ﬁnancially.
Weighing the arguments of both sides, I would still say “no” to getting married in college, though it’s their legal right.
总结部分：作者经过衡量，选择持反对观点。这里使用的 weighing the arguments of both sides 呼应了前段第一条理由提及的“人权”或 “法定婚龄”，使结论显得更客观。
1. ban : “禁止、禁令 ” ，可以做名词和动词 ，此处为名词，注意与之搭配的介词为on ， 表示“对 ……的禁令”。
2. lift: 一般表示“举起 、抬起” ，此处表示“解除（封锁 、禁令等 ）”。
3. hot topic: “热议话题” ；此处topic可以用issue替代 ，不过topic更普遍随意些 。
4. hold: “持有（观点 ）” ；此处hold the positive/negative view也可以写成be for/against sth. ，表示 “持同意或反对意见”。近义词为think, maintain, claim, believe, consider ，都可以引导表示观点的从句 。
5. immature psychologically: “心理上不成熟”。
6. more often than not: “往往 、多半” ，常用作插入语 。
7. a severe violation of: “对 ……的严重违背” ；此处也可以用动词形式severely/seriously violate ，不过用名词形式更为正式 。
8. solemn: “庄严，严肃” ；比serious更贴切 。
9. adversely affect: “对 ……产生不利的影响” ；adversely表示“不利地 、逆 向地” ，比较正式，另外它的名词形式adversity（逆境 ）也是常用到的。
10. attend to: “专注于、照料” ；注意此处的to为介词，后面接名词或动名词 。此处也可以用更常见的take care of来替代 。
11. weigh : “称重、衡量”；此处表示“衡量”， “weighing the arguments of both sides, I believe/think...”常用来引出自己观点 ，同学们可以借鉴 。
12. say “no”to: “对 ……说不” ，表示反对意见 ，近义词为oppose/disagree with/disapprove of等，反义词为say“yes”to ，此处to为介词 ，后面接名词或动名词 。