沪江

except是“除了”,那exceptional是???

沪江英语 2020-07-24 15:09
本文支持点词翻译 Powered by 沪江小D

大家都知道except是“除了”的意思,那exceptional是什么意思呢?难道是“除了的”?一起来看看这个片段吧。

对话原文

 

My mom lost a lot of jobs through the years.

这些年我妈妈失业过很多次 

It was always really hard for her.

她心里真的很不好受 

You know, I was just about to come talk to you guys.

我正要来找你们聊聊呢 

I am sorry about earlier,

之前的事我很抱歉 

but you really don't have to worry about me.

可你真的不用担心我 

You know what Randall told me one time?

你知道有一次兰德尔和我说了什么吗 

He called me exceptional.

他说我很出众 

And he said it so easy, like it wasn't a big deal.

他张口就来 好像不是什么了不得的事情 

I remember thinking,

我当时在想 

he must think people have told me this before.

他肯定以为别人也对我说过这样的话 

I bet he's told you before that you're exceptional,

他肯定也说过你很出众 

because you are.

因为你确实是 

Thanks, Dej.

谢谢 黛佳 

You know, but I don't know that...

可我并不知道... 

Randall thinks so.

兰德尔是这么想的 

I mean, he loves you like he's in a Disney movie or something,

他就像迪士尼电影里的人物一样爱着你 

like he hears tiny forest animals singing or playing

就好像只要你走进房间 

kazoos or something whenever you walk into a room.

他就能听到森林小动物唱歌跳舞的声音

But if you're sad,

可如果你不开心 

then you should talk to him.

你应该和他聊聊

He'll tell you you're exceptional,

他会告诉你 你很出众 

And he'll say it so easy

而且他会说的那么自然 

that you'll believe it.

让你不得不相信 

You are really good at these talks.

你很擅长这种谈心

You live in this house for a while,

在这个家里住一段时间之后

 

今日重点:

 

这些年来:through the years

正要做:be about to do。表示即将发生的动作

非凡的,例外的:exceptional

没什么大不了:big deal

我确信:I bet。bet是“打赌”的意思

擅长:be good at

 

想看完整视频,请关注【沪江英语】公众号

展开剩余