作品简介:


作者简介:


精彩片段:
I love a broad margin to my life.
我喜欢给我的生命留有更多的空间。
Sometimes, in a summer morning, having taken my accustomed bath,
有时,在一个夏天的清晨,照常洗过澡之后,
I sat in my sunny doorway from sunrise till noon,
我坐在阳光下的门前,从日出坐到正午,
坐在松树、山核桃树和黄栌树中间,
在没有打扰的寂寞与宁静之中,凝神沉思,
while the birds sing around or flitted noiseless through the house, until by the sun falling in at my west window,
那时鸟雀在四周唱歌,或默不作声地疾飞而过我的屋子,直到太阳照上我的西窗,
或者远处公路上传来一些旅行者的车辆的辚辚声,提醒我时间的流逝。
I grew in those seasons like corn in the night,
我在这样的季节中生长,好像玉米在夜间生长一样,
and they were far better than any work of the hands would have been.
这远远胜过做任何手头的事情。
They were not time subtracted from my life, but so much over and above my usual allowance.
这样做丝毫没有损耗我生命中的时间,反而使我平庸的时间更显神奇的色彩,我的生命因而更加丰富,更加绚烂。
至此我理解了东方人的所谓冥想和抛开俗事的做法了,这是一种生活智慧。
词汇提示:
1. accustomed adj. 习惯了的
She sat in her accustomed place reading.
她坐在她惯常坐的地方读书。
2. rapt adj. 全神贯注的
He was rapt in thought.
他全神贯注于思索。
3. solitude n. 孤独,寂寞
I am not fond of solitude.
我不喜欢孤独。
4. lapse n. 流逝
With the lapse of time, what finally we will leave behind?
随着时间的推移,我们最终会留下什么?
5. forsake v. 抛弃
I will never forget you and I will never forsake you.
我永远不会忘记你,永远不会抛弃你。