故事背景:第二季25集,Blair对Jenny Humphrey 的忠告。

-Blair:
You didn't get to use your gossip.
你那条八卦没用上。
Well, here's something new...
现在有些新消息...
I told Chuck I loved him, again,
我再次告诉Chuck 我爱他,
and he didn't say it back again.
他没有同样回应我。
-Jenny:
Blair, I'm not gonna tell people that.
Blair 我不会告诉人们这件事。
-Blair:
Why not? I'm giving you what you need to be queen.
为什么不? 我在帮你赢得女王的位子。
-Jenny:
I don't want to be queen.
我不想成为女王。
I just wanted a chance to have a life in school,
当初我只想在学校吃得开,
and look what it almost made me do.
看看差点把我变成什么样子。
-Blair:
That's the thing...
这就是关键...
You need to be cold to be queen.
你需要冷酷一点才会成为女皇。
Anne Boleyn thought only with her heart,
Anne Boleyn就是感情用事,
and she got her head chopped off,
才会掉脑袋。
So her daughter Elizabeth made a vow never to marry a man.
所以她女儿Elizabeth才发誓不嫁给男人。
She married her country.
她嫁给她的祖国,
Forget boys.
忘了帅哥吧。
Keep your eye on the prize, Jenny Humphrey.
把心思放在战利品上,Jenny Humphrey。
You can't make people love you,
你不能让人们爱你,
But you can make them fear you.
但是你能让人们敬畏你。
For what it's worth,
不管怎样,
You're my queen.
你是我的女皇,
I choose you.
我选了你。
【知识补充】
1.Anne Boleyn :伊丽莎白一世的生母
2.chop off: 砍掉
3.make a vow:发誓
4.keep an eye on: 密切注意