音频试听请戳:
文档预览:

文章类型:诗歌
出版年份:1913年
出版地点:英国
阅读难度:★★★☆☆
作者:(英)罗伯特·路易斯·史蒂文森
My Ship and I —— by Robert Louis Stevenson
我和我的船
O it’s I that am the captain of a tidy little ship,
我呀,是一艘小船的船长,
Of a ship that goes a sailing on the pond;
小船就航行在这池塘上;
And my ship it keeps a-turning all around and all about;
我的小船啊,在池塘上飘荡;
But when I’m a little older, I shall find the secret out
等我长大一点儿,就要去寻找那秘密——
How to send my vessel sailing on beyond.
怎样让我的小船儿扬帆远航。
For I mean to grow as little as the dolly at the helm,
我想要自己长得像掌舵的洋娃娃一样小,
And the dolly I intend to come alive;
还要这洋娃娃活蹦乱跳;
And with him beside to help me, it’s a-sailing I shall go,
有了这个小助手,我就要去远航,
It’s a-sailing on the water, when the jolly breezes blow
船儿行进在水面上,伴着快活的微风,
And the vessel goes a divie-divie-dive.
乘风破浪……
O it’s then you’ll see me sailing through the rushes and the reeds,
你看,我穿过芦苇,划过蒲草,
And you’ll hear the water singing at the prow;
你听,船头的水花在欢笑;
For beside the dolly sailor, I’m to voyage and explore,
有了娃娃水手的陪伴,我将探险远航,
To land upon the island where no dolly was before,
登陆他们没有去过的海岛,
And to fire the penny cannon in the bow.
还要燃放一便士买来的大炮。
重点单词:
1. vessel: n.船
2. prow: n.船首
3. at the helm: 掌舵
4. voyage: v.航海,航行
5. dolly: n.玩具娃娃
6. intend to: 打算(做)…
7. jolly: adj.愉快的,宜人的
8. fire: v.点燃
作者简介:

罗伯特·路易斯·史蒂文森(英语:Robert Louis Stevenson,1850年11月13日-1894年12月3日),苏格兰小说家、诗人与旅游作家,也是英国文学新浪漫主义的代表之一。史蒂文森受到了许多作家的赞美,其中包括欧内斯特·海明威、约瑟夫·鲁德亚德·吉卜林、豪尔赫·路易斯·博尔赫斯与弗拉基米尔·纳博科夫等知名作家。
My Ship and I 下载(PDF, MP3)