His look was very serious, like some one lost far away.
他的眼神很严肃,望着遥远的地方。
"I have your sheep. And I have the sheep's box. And I have the muzzle..."
“我有你画的羊,羊的箱子和羊的嘴套子…”
And he gave me a sad smile.
他带着忧伤的神情微笑了。
I waited a long time. I could see that he was reviving little by little.
我等了很长时间,才觉得他身子渐渐暖和起来。
"Dear little man," I said to him, "you are afraid..."
“小家伙,你受惊了…”
He was afraid, there was no doubt about that. But he laughed lightly.
他害怕了,这是无疑的!他却温柔地笑着说:
"I shall be much more afraid this evening..."
“今天晚上,我会怕得更厉害…”
Once again I felt myself frozen by the sense of something irreparable. And I knew that I could not bear the thought of never hearing that laughter any more. For me, it was like a spring of fresh water in the desert.
我再度意识到要发生一件不可弥补的事。我觉得我的心一下子就凉了。这时我才明白:一想到再也不能听到这笑声,我就不能忍受。这笑声对我来说,就好象是沙漠中的甘泉一样。
"Little man," I said, "I want to hear you laugh again."
“小家伙,我还想听你笑…”
But he said to me:
但他对我说:
"Tonight, it will be a year... my star, then, can be found right above the place where I came to the Earth, a year ago..."
“到今天夜里,正好是一年了。我的星球将正好处于我去年降落的那个地方的上空…”
"Little man," I said, "tell me that it is only a bad dream-- this affair of the snake, and the meeting-place, and the star..."
“小家伙,这蛇的事,约会的事,还有星星,这全是一场噩梦吧?”
But he did not answer my plea. He said to me, instead: "The thing that is important is the thing that is not seen..."
但他并不回答我的问题。他对我说: “重要的事,是看不见的…”
"Yes, I know..."
“当然…”