
Love song for a baby
给宝宝的歌

Come, my darling.
过来,我的心肝。
Come, my dear.
过啦,我亲爱的。
Come hear a song about a baby,
过来听一首宝宝的歌,
a very special baby.
一个十分特别的宝宝。
Come hear a song about you.
过来听一首关于你的歌。

Before the first stars blazed in your sky,
在天空中第一颗星星闪耀前,
before the sun ever kissed you,
在阳光亲吻你之前
Before you cried your first cry,
在你第一次哭之前,
We loved you.
我们爱你。

When you came into our arms,
当你来到我们的怀里,
Slippery as salmon,
滑如鲑鱼
Puckered as prunes,
皱如梅干
Loud as a lion,
声音洪亮如狮子
Already we knew,
我们早就知道
We loved you.
我们爱你。

You had tiny hands
你有小小的手
With perfect nails
有完美的指甲
And fingers like the petals of a flower.
手指像花瓣
And yes,
是的,
We loved you.
我们爱你。

You came complete
你出生得很完满
with ten little toes
有十个小小的脚趾
as sweet and pink as candies.
像粉红的甜食像糖果。
Certainly,
无疑地
We loved you.
我们爱你。

You had two eyes
你有两只眼睛
And one very small nose,
一个小小的鼻子,
No much hair,
头发不多
And no teeth at all.
根本没有牙齿。
Still,
依然,
We loved you.
我们爱你

Round cheeks,
圆圆的脸蛋
A round tummy,
圆圆的肚子
A round little bottom,
圆圆的屁屁
All made us love you.
都让我们很爱你。

Your laughter was the sun.
你的笑声像太阳
Your simle, the moon.
你的微笑像月亮
Even your burps were bells,
你的打嗝是铃声,
Since
从此以后
We loved you.
我们爱你。

So we snuggled you,
我们让你舒适地蜷伏,
We juggled you,
我们呢跟你玩耍
We watched you while you slept,
我们在你睡觉的时候看你,
Because it’s true,
因为这是真的
We loved you.
我们爱你。

We clapped with you,
我们跟你击掌,
We danced with you,
我们跟你跳舞
We dried your tears
我们擦干你的眼泪
And soothed your fears.
减轻你的恐惧。

We tossed you high,
我们把你高高地抛起来
We kept you dry.
我们保持你的皮肤干燥。
Can you guess why?
你能猜猜为什么吗?
We loved you.
我们爱你。

You burst upon our world like a comet,
你就像一颗彗星突然出现在我们的世界,
Like birdsong
像鸟的歌声
in the silver silence of dawn,
在银色的寂静的黎明,
and how could we help
我们能干什么
but love you?
除了爱你?

We’d dreamed a baby,
我们梦想要的宝贝,
We’d wanted a baby,
我们期望要个宝贝
We’d planned for a baby,
我们计划要个宝贝
We’d waited and waited and waited
我们等着等着等着
for a baby,
一个宝贝
Until finally,
直到最后,
There was you.
你出现了。

And oh, How we love you!
啊,我们是多么爱你!
严肃声明:《少儿英语绘本》系列文章属于沪江网原创内容,如无授权,请勿转载。中文翻译仅代表译者个人观点,仅供参考,如有不妥之处,欢迎指正。