沪江

联合国潘基文2013年联合国日致辞

2013-10-27 00:48
本文支持点词翻译 Powered by 沪江小D

Secretary-General’s Message on United Nations Day
秘书长联合国日致辞

24 October 2013
2013年10月24日

Dear friends,
亲爱的朋友们,

United Nations Day is a chance to recognize how much this invaluable Organization contributes to peace and common progress.
联合国日使我们有机会认识到这一重要的组织为和平与共同进步所做出的巨大贡献。

It is a time to reflect on what more we can do to realize our vision for a better world.
此时应该反思的是,我们还能够为实现更美好世界的愿景再做些什么。

The fighting in Syria is our biggest security challenge.
叙利亚境内的战斗是我们面临的最大安全挑战。

Millions of people depend on UN humanitarian personnel for life-saving assistance.
数以百万计的民众依赖联合国人道主义工作人员提供拯救生命的援助。

UN experts are working hand-in-hand with the Nobel Peace Prize-winning Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons to destroy Syria’s stockpiles.
联合国专家正与获得诺贝尔奖的禁止化学武器组织携手努力,争取销毁叙利亚的化武储存。

And we are pushing for a diplomatic solution to end suffering that has gone on far too long.
我们正在推动一项外交解决方案,以结束一场历时太久的痛苦。

Our most urgent development challenge is to make sustainability a reality.
最紧迫的发展挑战莫过于实现可持续性。

The Millennium Development Goals have cut poverty in half.
千年发展目标已经将贫穷减少了一半。

Now we must maintain the momentum, craft an equally inspiring post-2015 development agenda and reach an agreement on climate change.
我们现在必须保持这一势头,制订出同样激励人心的2015年后发展议程,并就气候变化问题达成协议。

This year again, we saw the United Nations come together on armed conflict, human rights, the environment and many other issues.
今年,联合国再度凝聚力量,应对武装冲突、人权、环境及许多其他问题。

We continue to show what collective action can do. We can do even more.
我们继续向世人展示集体行动能够取得的成果。而我们甚至可更有作为。

In a world that is more connected, we must be more united.
在这更加相互联接的世界中,我们必须更加团结。

On United Nations Day, let us pledge to live up to our founding ideals and work together for peace, development and human rights.
值此联合国日,我们立誓实现我们的创始理想,为和平、发展和人权而共同努力。 

声明:沪江网高度重视知识产权保护,发现本网站发布的信息包含有侵犯其著作权的链接内容时,请联系我们,我们将做相应处理。

展开剩余