沪江

BEC中级口语练习:处理变化

互联网 2020-12-01 14:37
本文支持点词翻译 Powered by 沪江小D

今天小编为大家准备了BEC中级口语练习:处理变化,供大家阅读参考,希望以下内容能够为同学们的BEC商务英语考试提供帮助。

Ⅰ.核心学习:处理变化

Michael: Billy, why are you sitting at this desk today?

迈克尔:比利,你今天怎么坐在这张桌子上?

Billy: My boss has moved me to a new desk and a new job.

比利:我上司让我挪到一张新桌子,并给了我一份新工作。

Michael: Is it a promotion?

迈克尔:是提升吗?

Billy: No, not really. Just a new job.

比利:不,不算得。只是一份新工作而已。

Michael: How do you feel about that?

迈克尔:你对此感觉如何?

Billy: Ok. I suppose but I like my old job better.

比利:我觉得还行吧,不过我更喜欢我的老工作。

Michael: I hate change. I just get settled in and then things change again.

迈克尔:我讨厌变动。我刚刚固定下来,又要变。

Billy: They say that a rut is a grave with the ends kicked out.

比利:他们说一成不变的生活是无底的坟墓。

Michael: So change is positive?

迈克尔:这么说变动是好事?

Billy: It must be! I don't want to be in a grave yet!

比利:肯定是!我还不想呆在坟墓里!

Ⅱ.单词简析

1) Promotion: an increase in pay and responsibility at work

提拔,晋升:工作中薪水和职责的增加

ex:The general manager said that my new job was a promotion but he would not offer me more money!

总经理说我的新工作是一次升职,可他不给我加薪!

2) Rut: a track worn by a wheel, a groove in which something runs

车撤,沟,槽:车轮压出的痕迹,某物在里面运转的沟槽

ex:At the front of my house is a rut worn by my bicycle wheel.

我的屋前是一条我的自行车轮胎轧出的车辙。

3) Grave: large hole in the ground for a coffin

坟墓:地底下存放棺材很大的洞

ex:My parents went shopping for their grave last weekend - I hope they don't need it soon.

上周我的父母去购买他们的墓穴-但愿他们近期内不需要它。

4) Positive: good, the opposite of negative

正面的,肯定的:好的,负面的反面

ex:Everyone said positive things about my new necktie - so it must be very good.

每个人都对我的新领带表示肯定-那么它一定很不错。

展开剩余