沪江

双语美文:这个五岁的小男孩让我惊叹不已

A Friend 2021-06-05 07:00
本文支持点词翻译 Powered by 沪江小D

I was at the local gas station getting a sandwich.
那天,我正在加油站的便利店里买三明治

The girl behind the counter is one of my friends
柜台后面收款的女孩是我的一个朋友

so I'm standing there shooting the breeze
所以我站在柜台前一边灌啤酒一边跟她聊天

when I feel a tug on my hoodie sleeve.
这时我感到自己嘻哈风格的宽大袖子被人拉了一下

I look down
我低头看去

and this little guy says "my grandma fell down and hurt her knees.
"一个小家伙对我说,“我祖母摔了一跤,膝盖磕伤了”

I follow him outside
我跟着他走到外面

and an older woman is sitting on the curb kind of shakin.
看到一位老妇人坐在台阶上,好像在瑟瑟发抖

At this point there were a couple of people making sure she was ok.
这时已经有一对夫妇注意到了老奶奶,正探问她的状况

I had him come back inside with me to get a cup of water.
我让小男孩跟我一起回到店里,倒了一杯水

When we got back outside she had caught her breath and had a minute to calm down.
我们回到便利店外老奶奶坐的地方时,她的呼吸已经平稳下来,心情也稍许平复了。

He did not hesitate when his grandma was in trouble
这个小男孩,当他的奶奶遇到困难的时候,他没有丝毫的犹豫

and got help as soon as he could.
他尽最快的速度去寻求帮助

In my mind
在我看来

it took real bravery for him to reach out to people he didn't know to help her when she was in need.
看到祖母急需帮助,他能够去找不认识的陌生人来帮助她,这需要极大的勇气

 

翻译:小木

展开剩余